Dental Restorative Group offers a collection of treatments and procedures that improve the appearance of teeth and gums. With our aesthetic dentistry services, patients in Cambridge and throughout Greater Boston can smile more comfortably and confidently.
One of the benefits of our practice is the breadth of services that we offer. In addition to our general dental procedures, our prosthodontists are specialists in the restoration of teeth and can treat a variety of concerns to help you achieve your goals.
What Can Aesthetic Dentistry Improve?
Aesthetic dentistry can revise several characteristics of your teeth, including:
- If you have yellow or discolored teeth, Dental Restorative Group provides treatments that can make teeth whiter and brighter.
- Our practice can adjust the alignment of or distance between teeth.
- Shape and size. If teeth appear too long, broken, cracked, or pitted, aesthetic dentistry may be able to resolve these concerns.
- Missing teeth. Restoring teeth can significantly improve the appearance of your smile.
Getting Started with Aesthetic Dentistry Treatments
Visit Dental Restorative Group’s offices in Cambridge or Belmont for an initial consultation. During your appointment, your doctor will talk with you about the concerns you have and learn what you would like to accomplish with treatment.
Typically during appointments, the doctor will:
- Conduct a thorough examination of your teeth and gums. This allows the doctor to evaluate their condition and also to identify other oral health or functional issues you may want to address.
- Learn about your medical history. Knowing about general health factors helps your doctor recommend the right course of treatment.
- Discuss different approaches to aesthetic dentistry. Our practice provides several avenues for improving the appearance of teeth as well as restoring missing teeth. The options your doctor recommends will depend on your needs and preferences. Approaches vary in terms of their durability and cost, and so the doctor will help you understand the benefits of each option before you make your decision.
Aesthetic Dentistry Procedures
Dental Restorative Group offers patients in Cambridge and Greater Boston several treatment options. As part of your initial consultation, we can compare the benefits of each approach. Our solutions include:
Teeth whitening. Reduce or eliminate the appearance of staining on your teeth. Our practice offers both in-office and at-home professional treatments that make teeth up to eight shades lighter.
Porcelain veneers. Some teeth have stains that do not respond to whitening. Teeth may also have cracks or pitting that detract from your smile. Porcelain veneers replace the surface of your teeth with a new and natural-looking front. Veneers can also change the alignment of your teeth and decrease gaps between them.
Crowns. If you have teeth that are broken or in poor condition, dental crowns may be able to repair them. This aesthetic dentistry procedure is a fast and effective treatment that can also improve the function of your bite.
Gum grafts. When your gums recede, it can make your teeth appear unnaturally long. Recession can also threaten the health of your teeth over time. Our doctors resolve this concern by using gum grafts to re-cover the dental root.
Dental bridges. An affordable option for replacing a missing tooth, dental bridges anchor to your existing teeth and fill the gap between them with a dental crown.
Dentures. Dentures are removable appliances that replace the upper and lower arches of teeth in a natural-looking way. They also return structure to the mouth and lower face, which can reverse sagging and rejuvenate your appearance.
Dental implants. Like dentures, dental implants are both part of restorative and aesthetic dentistry. Our prosthodontists are experts in the placement of dental implants, and our in-house laboratory and technician fabricate replacement crowns quickly and accurately to restore your smile
We invite you to learn more about these and other treatment options available through our practice.